Starting a conversation about end of life care is not easy. But it is important to start the conversation early to help give your loved one more time to weigh his/her options and come to a decision.
As a provider of elderly care, allow us to share our expert advice on how to introduce hospice care to your loved one.
- Make sure to vocally acknowledge the difficulties that they have been through lately. They need to know that you recognize their hardships so they don’t feel neglected.
- Share with them what your hopes and concerns are for them and in turn, ask them what they hope for as well or if they have any concerns or questions.
- Be informative and tell them all about hospice care and how it can benefit them. Dispel common misconceptions about hospice.
- Explore all their options together such as hospice care at home, in a care facility, or others. You can bring them to talk to a hospice care provider or to someone who is under hospice care.
- Let them know that whatever their decision, you will be supportive. Reassure them that their wishes are heard and respected.
Are you looking for palliative care in Chula Vista, California? Then you are in the right place. Look for no other than MODERNE HOSPICE CARE INC.
We provide bereavement assistance, hospice services, palliative care, and nursing services in California, among others. We always deliver what is expected of us and more because our goal is to be able to help individuals spend their remaining time comfortably as well as offer support to their loved ones.